From Stanton Social, recipe featured in The New York Times
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 slices sandwich bread, preferably a brioche loaf, crusts removed
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 ounces white cheddar cheese, preferably artisanal, shredded
- 6 slices country bacon, preferably peppered
- 4 -5 tomatillos, husked
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 -4 pickled jalapeno peppers (sold in jars)
- 24 fresh cilantro leaves
- 1Use a 2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter to cut 24 rounds of bread. You should be able to cut 2 rounds from each slice.
- 2Lightly toast. Set toasted rounds on a cutting board.
- 3Mash garlic and lemon juice to a paste in a mortar or on a flat surface.
- 4Mix with mayonnaise.
- 5Spread seasoned mayonnaise on toast rounds.
- 6Top half the rounds with cheese.
- 7Fry bacon.
- 8Cut each slice in four.
- 9Slice tomatillos in 12 fairly thin slices, dip in flour and fry in bacon fat until lightly browned.
- 10Cut jalapeños to make 24 thin slices.
- 11Place 2 cilantro leaves on cheese, add 2 pieces bacon, a fried tomatillo slice and 2 slices jalapeño.
- 12Top sandwiches with remaining rounds, mayonnaise side down.
- 13To serve, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 14Line a baking sheet with foil, place sandwiches on sheet, and bake about 5 minutes, just until cheese melts and ingredients are warmed.
- 15Secure each sandwich with a toothpick, and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melted Cheese Sliders
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.3
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 1341.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh cilantro leaves