Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Stanton Social, recipe featured in The New York Times
Make and share this Melted Cheese Sliders recipe from Food.com.
- 12 slices sandwich bread, preferably a brioche loaf, crusts removed
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 ounces white cheddar cheese, preferably artisanal, shredded
- 6 slices country bacon, preferably peppered
- 4 -5 tomatillos, husked
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 -4 pickled jalapeno peppers (sold in jars)
- 24 fresh cilantro leaves
- Use a 2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter to cut 24 rounds of bread. You should be able to cut 2 rounds from each slice.
- Lightly toast. Set toasted rounds on a cutting board.
- Mash garlic and lemon juice to a paste in a mortar or on a flat surface.
- Mix with mayonnaise.
- Spread seasoned mayonnaise on toast rounds.
- Top half the rounds with cheese.
- Fry bacon.
- Cut each slice in four.
- Slice tomatillos in 12 fairly thin slices, dip in flour and fry in bacon fat until lightly browned.
- Cut jalapeños to make 24 thin slices.
- Place 2 cilantro leaves on cheese, add 2 pieces bacon, a fried tomatillo slice and 2 slices jalapeño.
- Top sandwiches with remaining rounds, mayonnaise side down.
- To serve, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, place sandwiches on sheet, and bake about 5 minutes, just until cheese melts and ingredients are warmed.
- Secure each sandwich with a toothpick, and serve.