Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Restaurants call this delicious dip chili pepper and cheese dip. Serve with tacos or nachos. This recipe was modified with the gracious help from mama's kitchen.
- 946.36 ml Mexican blend cheese, shredded (or Monterey Jack)
- 236.59 ml beer
- 113.39 g canned diced green chiles
- 3-4 garlic cloves or 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml ground black pepper
- Bring beer to boil in medium saucepan, reduce heat to low. Add cheese mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until all cheese is melted. Repeat with the remaining cheese - but do not boil!
- Stir in the chiles, crushed garlic or garlic powder cilantro and seasoning. Pour into a warmed serving bowl.
- Before serving you can put the dip under a broiler to brown the top giving it a nice crust.
- Sprinkle with jalapenos and drizzle with taco sauce. Serve immediately with tortilla chips, or keep warm in an oven.
I was skeptical....the goo that was in my saucepan didn't look very appetizing...but what came out of the oven was perfect & sooo delicious!!! The flavor is excellent. I used Beck's Dark because that's what I had & it worked wonderfully. Better than drinking it, imo. ;) Thanks, Sista.
Updated review. I tried this again after Kolibri made changes to the recipe and it was very good. Tastes like authentic Mexican Fundido.
This is so funny, DH thought I was nuts using his Leinenkugel Creamy Dark beer! It was wonderful! I also chopped up a fresh jalapeno for more heat and used fresh garlic! We served this with fresh veggies. Very very good!! Thank you SISTAH!!