Recipe by kolibri
Restaurants call this delicious dip chili pepper and cheese dip. Serve with tacos or nachos. This recipe was modified with the gracious help from mama's kitchen.
Top Review by Elmotoo
I was skeptical....the goo that was in my saucepan didn't look very appetizing...but what came out of the oven was perfect & sooo delicious!!! The flavor is excellent. I used Beck's Dark because that's what I had & it worked wonderfully. Better than drinking it, imo. ;) Thanks, Sista.
- 946.36 ml Mexican blend cheese, shredded (or Monterey Jack)
- 236.59 ml beer
- 113.39 g canned diced green chiles
- 3-4 garlic cloves or 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring beer to boil in medium saucepan, reduce heat to low. Add cheese mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until all cheese is melted. Repeat with the remaining cheese - but do not boil!
- Stir in the chiles, crushed garlic or garlic powder cilantro and seasoning. Pour into a warmed serving bowl.
- Before serving you can put the dip under a broiler to brown the top giving it a nice crust.
- Sprinkle with jalapenos and drizzle with taco sauce. Serve immediately with tortilla chips, or keep warm in an oven.