Recipe by Chef Florida Janie
Ever wish you could bake with no measuring spoons and cups of this and that? THen you'll love my buttery banana bars with pecans! If you can pour things in a pan, you can make these delicious bars! You will not find this recipe anywhere else.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Outstanding bars, for sure! Easy to put together, & great taste, too! This is definitely something I want to include on my bars & cookie tray when I host one of my monthly meetings! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
- 1 Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml butter
- 2 bananas
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- You will be layering the ingredients on top of each other.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- spray a 13 x 9 cake pan. Best if sprayed, greasing does not work well for this recipe.
- In a small saucepan combine brown sugar and 1/2 stick butter. Heat till melted. Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the brown sugar mixture. then cool so you can touch it. It will be a bit crumbly when cool.
- First layer-Pour half the dry yellow cake mix in the pan and spread out an even layer.
- Second Layer- Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture evenly over the cake mix. It will not completely cover every inch so don't worry.
- Third Layer- Layer 1/2 banana slices over the brown sugar mixture. Do not let bananas touch each other.(This is important so the ingredients above the bananas has space to seep through them.).
- Fourth Layer- Pour the remainder of the dry yellow cake mix over the bananas,.
- Fifth Layer- Add the remainder of your bananas on top of the yellow cake mix. Again, not letting the banana slices touch each other.
- Sixth Layer- Sprinkle the remainder of pecans on top.
- Melt the remaining 1 1/2 sticks of butter.
- Pour butter back and forth over the cake mix and pecans and bananas. It will not completely cover every inch. Don't worry.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares. They will be a little crumbly but will cut nicely when cooled.
- Serve in a bowl with butter pecan ice cream on top for a dessert, or serve them just by themselves with a glass a milk.