1/1 Photo of Meltaway Banana Bars With Pecans
Chef Florida Janie's Note:
Ever wish you could bake with no measuring spoons and cups of this and that? THen you'll love my buttery banana bars with pecans! If you can pour things in a pan, you can make these delicious bars! You will not find this recipe anywhere else.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1You will be layering the ingredients on top of each other.
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3spray a 13 x 9 cake pan. Best if sprayed, greasing does not work well for this recipe.
- 4In a small saucepan combine brown sugar and 1/2 stick butter. Heat till melted. Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the brown sugar mixture. then cool so you can touch it. It will be a bit crumbly when cool.
- 5First layer-Pour half the dry yellow cake mix in the pan and spread out an even layer.
- 6Second Layer- Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture evenly over the cake mix. It will not completely cover every inch so don't worry.
- 7Third Layer- Layer 1/2 banana slices over the brown sugar mixture. Do not let bananas touch each other.(This is important so the ingredients above the bananas has space to seep through them.).
- 8Fourth Layer- Pour the remainder of the dry yellow cake mix over the bananas,.
- 9Fifth Layer- Add the remainder of your bananas on top of the yellow cake mix. Again, not letting the banana slices touch each other.
- 10Sixth Layer- Sprinkle the remainder of pecans on top.
- 11Melt the remaining 1 1/2 sticks of butter.
- 12Pour butter back and forth over the cake mix and pecans and bananas. It will not completely cover every inch. Don't worry.
- 13Bake for 45 minutes.
- 14Cool completely before cutting into squares. They will be a little crumbly but will cut nicely when cooled.
- 15Serve in a bowl with butter pecan ice cream on top for a dessert, or serve them just by themselves with a glass a milk.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meltaway Banana Bars With Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.5
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 58.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Duncan Hines yellow cake mix