Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Ever wish you could bake with no measuring spoons and cups of this and that? THen you'll love my buttery banana bars with pecans! If you can pour things in a pan, you can make these delicious bars! You will not find this recipe anywhere else.
- You will be layering the ingredients on top of each other.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- spray a 13 x 9 cake pan. Best if sprayed, greasing does not work well for this recipe.
- In a small saucepan combine brown sugar and 1/2 stick butter. Heat till melted. Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the brown sugar mixture. then cool so you can touch it. It will be a bit crumbly when cool.
- First layer-Pour half the dry yellow cake mix in the pan and spread out an even layer.
- Second Layer- Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture evenly over the cake mix. It will not completely cover every inch so don't worry.
- Third Layer- Layer 1/2 banana slices over the brown sugar mixture. Do not let bananas touch each other.(This is important so the ingredients above the bananas has space to seep through them.).
- Fourth Layer- Pour the remainder of the dry yellow cake mix over the bananas,.
- Fifth Layer- Add the remainder of your bananas on top of the yellow cake mix. Again, not letting the banana slices touch each other.
- Sixth Layer- Sprinkle the remainder of pecans on top.
- Melt the remaining 1 1/2 sticks of butter.
- Pour butter back and forth over the cake mix and pecans and bananas. It will not completely cover every inch. Don't worry.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares. They will be a little crumbly but will cut nicely when cooled.
- Serve in a bowl with butter pecan ice cream on top for a dessert, or serve them just by themselves with a glass a milk.
Outstanding bars, for sure! Easy to put together, & great taste, too! This is definitely something I want to include on my bars & cookie tray when I host one of my monthly meetings! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
Oh my goodness! I cannot believe no one has reviewed this yet! How fabulous! True to their name, they literally melt away in your mouth. I ground up the pecans pretty fine, because I do not like the texture of large nuts in my desserts, but the flavors were fabulous! I also drizzled some homemade Kahlua on top, and loved it! My only negative comment? After about one bite, I felt I might have a heart attack if I ate more! (I ate more anyway!) Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2010.