Recipe by nnadenee
Shortbread recipe found in "Women's Weekly: The Big Book of Beautiful Biscuits" ENJOY!!!!!
Top Review by CarrolJ
Very Good! I am a lover of shortbread and this one is excellant. Super easy to make as well. I made a 1/2 recipe and got 18 cookies. Made for SPRING PAC 2010 http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
- 250 g butter
- 78.07 ml icing sugar (U.S confectioner's sugar)
- 78.07 ml cornflour (U.S corn starch)
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 551.25 ml plain flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over low heat, allow to cool slightly.
- Sift icing sugar and cornflour into bowl, add sugar.
- Add butterand vanilla, beat mixture until thick and creamy.Add sifted flour, mix well.
- Press mixture into 18 cm x 28 cm (7in x 11in) baking pan (lamington tin in AUS), smooth over with a spatula; mark into fingers with sharp knife.
- Prick each finger decoratively with a fork.
- Bake in moderate oven for 30 minutes or until light golden.
- Cut into fingers while still warm. Cool in tin.
- BEST SHORTBREAD EVA! :D.