Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Shortbread recipe found in "Women's Weekly: The Big Book of Beautiful Biscuits" ENJOY!!!!!
- Melt butter over low heat, allow to cool slightly.
- Sift icing sugar and cornflour into bowl, add sugar.
- Add butterand vanilla, beat mixture until thick and creamy.Add sifted flour, mix well.
- Press mixture into 18 cm x 28 cm (7in x 11in) baking pan (lamington tin in AUS), smooth over with a spatula; mark into fingers with sharp knife.
- Prick each finger decoratively with a fork.
- Bake in moderate oven for 30 minutes or until light golden.
- Cut into fingers while still warm. Cool in tin.
- BEST SHORTBREAD EVA! :D.
Very Good! I am a lover of shortbread and this one is excellant. Super easy to make as well. I made a 1/2 recipe and got 18 cookies. Made for SPRING PAC 2010 http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
This is one of our favourite shortbread recipes...so easy and tastes great. I have been making this recipe for over 20 years and it is one of Nadene's favourites too. I should say here too.......that D-licious is my eldest daughter :)
This is one of the BEST shortbread recipes I've ever tasted! Having a Scottish husband, we have shortbread in the house 365 days per year so I bake a LOT of shortbread. I cut the recipe in half to duplicate the volume in my original recipe so it would be easy to compare. I've never made a shortbread with melted butter so I was very curious as to how it would bake up. Mixing it together was no problem; it's a much stiffer dough than what I'm used to and slightly more crumbly, too, so it took a bit of work to make it stay together. Patted into a rectangle and decorated with my standard heart cut-outs. Baked in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes and cut it into bite-sized cookies which we like best. The taste is superb: very, very buttery and sweet. It became an instant hit at our home! Made for Spring PAC 2010. For those interested in the conversions of 1/2 the ingredients, here it is: 1 stick melted butter; 2.5 T. powdered sugar; 2.5 T. cornstarch; 2 T sugar; 1 tsp. vanilla; 1 cup flour + 2 T flour. Follow directions per recipe.