Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My daughter was bored & wanted to bake- she found these recipes 'somewhere online from two different places' and combined them. They were fabulous! We decided that next time we'd put colored sprinkles on before the frosting sets.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, cut up
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- For CUPCAKES: Preheat oven to 325. Line cupcake tin with cupcake papers.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and beat well. Add eggs, beating well after each.
- Add vanilla, baking powder, salt, flour, and milk, mixing after each addition.
- Pour batter into cupcake pan, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- For FROSTING: In a medium microwavable bowl, combine 1 tablespoon butter and 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, cut up. Microwave on high for 45 to 60 seconds or until the chocolate is softened (or heat chocolate in a saucepan over low heat).
- Add vanilla, dash of salt, and powdered sugar, mixing well. Add milk as needed for spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes when cool.