Not So Good Cook's Note:
My daughter was bored & wanted to bake- she found these recipes 'somewhere online from two different places' and combined them. They were fabulous! We decided that next time we'd put colored sprinkles on before the frosting sets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1For CUPCAKES: Preheat oven to 325. Line cupcake tin with cupcake papers.
- 2Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and beat well. Add eggs, beating well after each.
- 3Add vanilla, baking powder, salt, flour, and milk, mixing after each addition.
- 4Pour batter into cupcake pan, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5For FROSTING: In a medium microwavable bowl, combine 1 tablespoon butter and 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, cut up. Microwave on high for 45 to 60 seconds or until the chocolate is softened (or heat chocolate in a saucepan over low heat).
- 6Add vanilla, dash of salt, and powdered sugar, mixing well. Add milk as needed for spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes when cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melt-In-Your-Mouth Vanilla Cupcakes & Chocolate Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (1343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.5
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 43.2 mg
- Sodium 98.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g