Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 12 mins
This recipe comes from my husband's cousin, Tracie from North Dakota. She sent it to me for a family cookbook I'm assembling..and they are awesome!
- 1 cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or almond extract)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (or almond extract)
- 1 (1 lb) bag powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- Cream together butter, eggs, sugar, sour cream and vanilla.
- Mix salt, flour, baking soda and baking powder and add to butter mixture.
- Chill one hour or overnight.
- Roll the batter out to 1/4 to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut cookies with your favorite cookie cutters.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Keep them white; don’t overbake!
- For frosting: Cream together margarine and cream cheese.
- Add vanilla and sugar.
- Frost cookies.
These are delish! I did make a slight adjustment...I added 1 tsp cream of tartar in place of 1 tsp of baking powder. I also used my standard frosting of powdered sugar, milk, and butter but next time I'll try this frosting recipe; sounds good. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This was my first ever attempt at cut our sugar cookies and they turned out great (although I just used colored sugar, no frosting). They truly melt in your mouth!