1/1 Photo of Melt in Your Mouth Sugar Cookies
My Grandmas original sugar cookie recipe that we make every year, I've not found another sugar cookie recipe with these exact ingredients in it, so i'm posting this one here to share and keep for myself, since the original is written in fading pink ink on old paper :) I absolutely love these :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and shortening with the sugars.
- 2Beat eggs and add to the butter along with the baking soda and cream of tartar, blend together thoroughly.
- 3Gradually add the flour until well blended.
- 4Either roll into small balls and flatten slightly with a glass dipped in sugar, or roll out on slightly floured surface (not too thin) and cut out shapes with cookie cutters.
- 5Grease cookie sheets, and Bake in 350 degree oven 7-10 minute Be careful not to over bake, they should still be white on the top and a very light brown on the bottom. Cool.
- 6If you want to put sugar on them, sprinkle with colored sugar before baking, otherwise frost with frosting once they are cool, either store bought or your own recipe. They turn out best with sugar or frosting as opposed to plain.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melt in Your Mouth Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.2
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.2 mg
- Sodium 63.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 1.3 g