Melt in Your Mouth Sugar Cookies
- Cream together butter, sugar and egg.
- Add the remaining ingredients one at a time. Mix well after each one is added. Batter will be sticky.
- "Pour" onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Wrap tightly, and chill in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Once chilled, roll out onto floured surface to desired thickness (about 1/4 in.) Cut with cookie cutters. Place onto UNgreased cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes. They will be blonde on top and, bottom should be slightly golden on edges. Let cool on cooling rack. Then frost as desired.
- These freeze well (even iced)! Enjoy!
- Directions for Icing.
- Mix butter, sugar and almond until combined. Add a 1 teaspoons at a time of warm cream until spreadable consistency. Usually will need all 2 TBSP, but do add it a little at a time - you don't want "runny" icing!