Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tender, soft and delicious iced sugar cookies.
Make and share this Melt in Your Mouth Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla (PURE if you can)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract (PURE if you can)
- 2 tablespoons cream (or milk or half and half, but cream works the best)
- food coloring (optional)
- Cream together butter, sugar and egg.
- Add the remaining ingredients one at a time. Mix well after each one is added. Batter will be sticky.
- "Pour" onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Wrap tightly, and chill in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Once chilled, roll out onto floured surface to desired thickness (about 1/4 in.) Cut with cookie cutters. Place onto UNgreased cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes. They will be blonde on top and, bottom should be slightly golden on edges. Let cool on cooling rack. Then frost as desired.
- These freeze well (even iced)! Enjoy!
- Directions for Icing.
- Mix butter, sugar and almond until combined. Add a 1 teaspoons at a time of warm cream until spreadable consistency. Usually will need all 2 TBSP, but do add it a little at a time - you don't want "runny" icing!