Tender, soft and delicious iced sugar cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla (PURE if you can)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Cream together butter, sugar and egg.
- 2Add the remaining ingredients one at a time. Mix well after each one is added. Batter will be sticky.
- 3"Pour" onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Wrap tightly, and chill in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- 4Once chilled, roll out onto floured surface to desired thickness (about 1/4 in.) Cut with cookie cutters. Place onto UNgreased cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes. They will be blonde on top and, bottom should be slightly golden on edges. Let cool on cooling rack. Then frost as desired.
- 5These freeze well (even iced)! Enjoy!
- 6Directions for Icing.
- 7Mix butter, sugar and almond until combined. Add a 1 teaspoons at a time of warm cream until spreadable consistency. Usually will need all 2 TBSP, but do add it a little at a time - you don't want "runny" icing!
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melt in Your Mouth Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.9
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 105.5 mg
- Sodium 266.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 54.6 g
- Protein 5.6 g