Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tender, soft and delicious iced sugar cookies.
Make and share this Melt in Your Mouth Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla (PURE if you can)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract (PURE if you can)
- 2 tablespoons cream (or milk or half and half, but cream works the best)
- food coloring (optional)
- Cream together butter, sugar and egg.
- Add the remaining ingredients one at a time. Mix well after each one is added. Batter will be sticky.
- "Pour" onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Wrap tightly, and chill in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Once chilled, roll out onto floured surface to desired thickness (about 1/4 in.) Cut with cookie cutters. Place onto UNgreased cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes. They will be blonde on top and, bottom should be slightly golden on edges. Let cool on cooling rack. Then frost as desired.
- These freeze well (even iced)! Enjoy!
- Directions for Icing.
- Mix butter, sugar and almond until combined. Add a 1 teaspoons at a time of warm cream until spreadable consistency. Usually will need all 2 TBSP, but do add it a little at a time - you don't want "runny" icing!