Recipe by charlened
I just made these from the Dec 2005 Good HouseKeeping magazine. The recipe was submitted by Faye Holloway of Tallulah, LA.I had to put them in the freezer or they would all be gone! The book says 8 dozen, I only got about 4.
- 532.32 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml cream of tartar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter, softened (no substitutions)
- 118.29 ml confectioners' sugar
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar, plus
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- On waxed paper, combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, confectioners sugar, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar on medium speed about 2 min or until creamy. Reduce speed to low, beat in egg, then beat in oil and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture just until blended, occasionally scraping bowl.
- Place remaining 2 tbsp sugar in a small bowl or saucer. Shape dough by rounded tsp into 3/4 inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Dip punch cup or glass with raised or cut design on bottom, or coarse side of meat mallet into sugar in bowl, use to flatten each ball into a 1 1/2 inch round.
- Bake 10-11 min until edges are golden. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Store cookies in tightly covered container at room temp up to 1 week or in freezer up to 3 monthes.