Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was given to me my a friend who has since passed away. We make them for all the holidays, as half the fun is in the decorating!
- Cream together sugar and softened butter.
- Add whipping cream, egg, and vanilla, and beat until blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together,then add to creamed mixture.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Using a small amount of dough on a lightly floured surface, roll to 1/2" thick and cut into desired shapes.
- Repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until lightly browned at the edges.
- Makes approximately 6 dozen cookies.
- Frost and enjoy!
This is an easy enough recipe for a bland and spongy cookie. I don't know if I did anything wrong, I don't think so, but mine came out spongy but totally tasteless. I was able to save the second batch with a quick espresso frosting. I think salt is missing from the recipe.
These were the best sugar cookies I've ever eaten! They are so rich! I took them to a bake sale and had four calls asking me for the recipe. Thanks for a great recipe, Annie!