Recipe by Annie Golden
This was given to me my a friend who has since passed away. We make them for all the holidays, as half the fun is in the decorating!
Top Review by Chef Talock
This is an easy enough recipe for a bland and spongy cookie. I don't know if I did anything wrong, I don't think so, but mine came out spongy but totally tasteless. I was able to save the second batch with a quick espresso frosting. I think salt is missing from the recipe.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter (not oleo, please)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together sugar and softened butter.
- Add whipping cream, egg, and vanilla, and beat until blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together,then add to creamed mixture.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Using a small amount of dough on a lightly floured surface, roll to 1/2" thick and cut into desired shapes.
- Repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until lightly browned at the edges.
- Makes approximately 6 dozen cookies.
- Frost and enjoy!