Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Add some Zip to your grilled steak! Cook time is to your desired doneness.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, slightly softened
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs sirloin steaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl combine butter, garlic, onion powder, salt, parsley flakes and lemon juice; mix well.
- Place mixture down the center of a 12 square piece of waxed paper and roll into a log.
- Wrap tightly and refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.
- Season both sides of the steaks with pepper, broil or grill steaks.
- As the steaks are cooking place four ¼ thick slices of the seasoned butter on the steaks.
- Just prior to serving place a slice of the buttered mixture on each steak.
The taste is great but it makes way too much for 2 pounds of steak. I even cut it in half and had a lot left over. But it was great on the steak and DH really liked the juices that ran off. Thanks for posting.
Oh MY GOODNESS! This steak butter was DA BOMB!!! I froze the rest so that I could use it again later. It might even be good on corn or mashed potatoes. I LOVED IT! Thanks for the recipe!
Excellent! I just finished having this for dinner. I used 1 small minced onion instead of onion powder and lime juice in place of lemon juice and fresh parsley. This is the first time i have made steak too!