Recipe by Sarah Chana
This wonderful and easy recipe was given by a friend who recommended using skirt steak; I have adapted it to work with any cut of steak, even a cheap chuck steak. In other words, it works whatever your budget is. Most of the work can be done in advance; just save the last 30 minutes of baking for before serving. I have been told that this reheats well, but we've never had enough leftover to know.... Using scallions here is the key to the recipe; do not substitute other onions. That said, you can use absolutely any type of barbecue sauce since they all work well.
- 1 beef steak, 1 per person
- fresh minced garlic or garlic granules, to taste
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Season steak with garlic, and broil or grill until it is done, ready to eat.
- Remove to a casserole or baking pan and let cool (or not).
- Slather BBQ sauce over the steak(s), and top with chopped scallions.
- Cover pan, and bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- The meat will be delicious and soft.