Recipe by Chef Ali L
Spritz are a Christmas staple in my family. We have tried lots of different recipes and this is a modified recipe from our top 3 favorites.
Top Review by slbergm
Absolutely melt in your mouth cookie. Tender and flavorful. I did need to bake them 7 minutes but it might be my oven is off in temperature or the thickness of the cookie I made with my cookie press. So delicious. Highly recommend.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (no substitutes!)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream butter, mix in powdered sugar.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a cookie press and decorate with colored sugar. Bake for 5 minutes and allow to cool for 2-3 on the sheet before transferring to wax paper or wire rack. I usually use two baking sheets so the one I am using isn't too warm or it will start to melt the dough and you'll have trouble with the press.