Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Chicken with ham and veggies slowly simmered in wine, melts in your mouth...
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 4 green peppers, cleaned and cut in 2 ",chunks
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 lb sliced ham, julienned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup white wine or 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 2 pimientos, cut in thin strips
- 1 package broad egg noodles cooked per instructions on package drained and mixed with 1 tbsp butter.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the chicken.
- Cook for several minutes each side.
- Reduce heat to lowest setting.
- Add the tomatoes, green pepper, mushrooms, ham, wine, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer slowly for 3/4 hour until very tender.
- Remove chicken and stir in tomato paste, increase heat and boil sauce while stirring for 1 minute.
- Put chicken on top of hot broad egg noodles, spoon sauce over, garnish with parsley and pimiento.
A very tasty recipe, but I wouldn't do the tomato paste the second time, but a little white thickener instead. Went over big in my house last night.