Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I make my salmon this way very often in my convection oven, the mayonnaise coating will seal in flavor and moistness creating the most flavorful moist salmon! I don't bother measuring amounts so all amounts are only only estimated really the exact amounts do not matter for this, use as much salmon as desired and use enough mayonnaise to coat all sides of the salmon generously --- I prefer to use Atlantic salmon for this but any salmon fillet will do, cooking times will vary just slightly depending on the size of your fillets --- for this recipe you will need a flat wire rack to fit in your baking pan this will allow the air to circulate around the fish.
- 5 salmon fillets (skin left on one side)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or as needed)
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper (or to taste)
- seasoning salt (to taste)
- lemon wedge
- Wash the salmon well under cold water then pat dry using paper towels.
- In a bowl mix together mayonnaise with dried dill and lemon pepper until combined.
- Using a brush coat all sides of the salmon fillets with the mayo mixture (make certain to coat the fillets generously with mayo!).
- Place a well-greased rack into a greased baking dish and set the salmon (skin-side down) onto the rack.
- Sprinkle the top of the fillets with seasoning salt.
- At this point you can cover an refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Set heat to 425 convection-bake (must use a hot oven).
- Bake the salmon for 20 minutes or until cooked (do not turn the salmon, the cooking time will vary depending on the size of your fillets).
- Serve the cooked fillets with lemon wedges.
ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!! I admit the only seasonings I had were a Lemon Herb seasoning mix that I heavily blended with a lower calorie mayonnaise. I blended it well and spread it generously on the filets, and OMG INSTANT HIT! You'll love it.
This came out fantastic; we loved it.
Sorry I didn't take a photo.
Yummy! I wish more folks would give convection times and temps! Thx. for yet another great recipe.