4 hrs 10 mins
Carrie Ann's Note:
A traditional roast beef with the subtle addition of wine and spice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put garlic through press and rub into all sides of roast.
- 2Dredge meat in flour and brown on all sides in oil in frying pan.
- 3Do not let it scorch.
- 4Transfer meat to roasting pan and add the rest of ingredients.
- 5Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 4 hours, or until meat is tender, turning roast every half hour.
- 6(Don't skip this step... turning it every half hour ensures a juicy, melt-in-your-mouth roast) When done, remove from pan and cover with aluminum foil.
- 7Strain stock, pressing as much liquid as possible from vegetables.
- 8Pour stock into saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 9Stir in mixture of flour and water and cook until thickened.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melt in Your Mouth Roast Beef
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 836.1
- Calories from Fat 533
- Total Fat 59.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.9 g
- Cholesterol 208.6 mg
- Sodium 619.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 59.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: