2 hrs 20 mins
Great ingredients to enhance the wonderful flavor of beef short ribs. Tender and saucy ribs, add mashed potatoes or buttered noodles and you have a great meal. Recipe courtesy of Food.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 lbs short rib of beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 (28 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- 3Add ribs and brown on all sides, about 7 minutes.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Transfer to a roasting pan.
- 6Add onion, leeks and garlic to the skillet and saute until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- 7Add wine and broth, stirring to remove any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the skillet.
- 8Add tomatoes, thyme, rosemary and chili powder.
- 9Bring sauce to a boil, remove from heat and pour over the ribs.
- 10Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 2 hours or until ribs are very tender, basting every 30 minutes.
- 11Uncover and bake 15 more minutes.
- 12Remove pan from oven and skim off grease.
- 13Serve ribs topped with extra sauce.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melt In Your Mouth Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (498 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1315.2
- Calories from Fat 1035
- Total Fat 115.1 g
- Saturated Fat 48.5 g
- Cholesterol 229.8 mg
- Sodium 423.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 47.0 g