Melt in Your Mouth Pot Roast
- Heat oven to 350. Heat a heavy oven proof pot over medium high heat. When hot; add oil and heat oil until hot. Add brisket and cook until browned turning once, about 5 minutes. Remove from pot to plate and sprinkle both sides with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in the pot over medium heat and add onions. Stir to coat with butter and then cover and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover and turning heat to medium high and cook onions until they start to brown. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds, then add broth, wine and worcestershire sauce.
- Return brisket to pot; spooning the onions to the top of the roast. Around the roast place the carrots and potatoes. Cover and bake for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender and meat is tender.
- Remove brisket and let is rest for 10-15 minutes on a cutting board covered loosely foil.
- Thinly slice the brisket and serve with the vegetables still in the pot. Spoon some of the juices over the roast.