1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a real hubby pleaser...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 lbs beef brisket
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large onions, halved and sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup red wine (or additional beef broth)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 medium yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled and quartered
- 1Heat oven to 350. Heat a heavy oven proof pot over medium high heat. When hot; add oil and heat oil until hot. Add brisket and cook until browned turning once, about 5 minutes. Remove from pot to plate and sprinkle both sides with thyme, salt and pepper.
- 2Melt butter in the pot over medium heat and add onions. Stir to coat with butter and then cover and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover and turning heat to medium high and cook onions until they start to brown. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds, then add broth, wine and worcestershire sauce.
- 3Return brisket to pot; spooning the onions to the top of the roast. Around the roast place the carrots and potatoes. Cover and bake for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender and meat is tender.
- 4Remove brisket and let is rest for 10-15 minutes on a cutting board covered loosely foil.
- 5Thinly slice the brisket and serve with the vegetables still in the pot. Spoon some of the juices over the roast.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melt in Your Mouth Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (490 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 797.9
- Calories from Fat 492
- Total Fat 54.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 143.1 mg
- Sodium 464.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 35.5 g