- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the Crisco into the flour and salt. Don't overwork. This should be very rough consistency.
- Beat the egg; add vinegar and water.
- Sprinkle the water mixture over the flour.
- Toss with a fork until coarsley mixed.
- Divide dough in half for two pie crusts. Shape into balls and chill 15 minutes.
- Roll on floured surface.
- Balls of dough may be combined for a large cobbler crust.
- Follow baking instructions for your pie or cobbler.