Lea Marie's Note:
This is a recipe for the most delicious pie crust, handed down from generation to generation. When you want your pie or cobbler to have that extra flavor, try this easy to make, flaky, crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the Crisco into the flour and salt. Don't overwork. This should be very rough consistency.
- 2Beat the egg; add vinegar and water.
- 3Sprinkle the water mixture over the flour.
- 4Toss with a fork until coarsley mixed.
- 5Divide dough in half for two pie crusts. Shape into balls and chill 15 minutes.
- 6Roll on floured surface.
- 7Balls of dough may be combined for a large cobbler crust.
- 8Follow baking instructions for your pie or cobbler.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melt in Your Mouth Pie/Cobbler Crust
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5586.6
- Calories from Fat 3778
- Total Fat 419.8 g
- Saturated Fat 167.5 g
- Cholesterol 441.1 mg
- Sodium 2408.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 382.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 57.9 g