No subs use only butter. If desired you can coat them is sugar before baking. These are also great without the chocolate chips, chopped maraschino cherries can be used in place of the chocolate chips for the holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- 2Prepare an ungreased cookie/baking sheet.
- 3In a medium bowl beat softened butter with vanilla using an electric mixer until fluffy (about 4 minutes).
- 4Add in confectioners sugar, cornstarch and flour; beat on low speed for about 1 minute, then on high speed for 3-4 minutes more.
- 5Add in the mini chocolate chips; mix to combine.
- 6Drop by spoonfuls about 2-inches apart on the baking sheet.
- 7Bake for about 10-12 minutes (watch that the edges don't brown too much).
- 8Cool completely on wire racks then lightly dust with confectioners sugar if desired.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melt-In-Your-Mouth Mini Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.2
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 66.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 1.1 g