Recipe by Dine & Dish
Oh wow...these are gooood cookies! This recipe was in the Taste of Home Cookies Magazine and was submitted by Sue Call of Indiana. It's a delicious melt in your mouth sugar and buttery flavored cookie! Prep time does not include time to chill the dough!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Really great cookies KC! I doubled all the ingredients excactly to make a double batch. They turned really nice and crispy especially around the edges, but I could not really taste the butter flavor, mabey becaue I doubled the recipe, however, they are still a fantastic cookie that I will make again and again. Oh I even added some tiny chocolate chips! Thanks KC for a really great crispy cookie recipe!...Kittencal:)
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 551.25 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml cream of tartar
- additional sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, oil and sugars; add egg and vanilla and mix.
- Combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar in a separate bowl; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Chill for several hours or overnight (I've made these and have only chilled them for 2 hours and they turned out fine, however when I've chilled them for several hours they were perfection!).
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten with a fork dipped in flour; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.