Oh wow...these are gooood cookies! This recipe was in the Taste of Home Cookies Magazine and was submitted by Sue Call of Indiana. It's a delicious melt in your mouth sugar and buttery flavored cookie! Prep time does not include time to chill the dough!
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, oil and sugars; add egg and vanilla and mix.
- Combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar in a separate bowl; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Chill for several hours or overnight (I've made these and have only chilled them for 2 hours and they turned out fine, however when I've chilled them for several hours they were perfection!).
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten with a fork dipped in flour; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.