Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I wonderful meatloaf that you make in the crock pot. Adapted from Quick Cooking.
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Note: the mixture will be moist.
- Shape into a meat mixture into a round loaf and place in crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°F
- In a small bowl, whisk the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Spoon over the meat loaf.
- Cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
Twissis photo in the Aussie Swap inspired me to give this a go BUT I forgot to ask the DH to take the crockpot down from the top shelf before he went to bed for his day of sleep and by the time I realised it was going to be too late by the time he got up, so I resorted to the oven. I scaled it back to a 4 serve recipe and made in a loaf pan, baking at 175C for 30 minutes, drained off the fat (there was very little) and then added the sauce topping (a first in a meatloaf for me) and baked for a further 15 minutes (next time make this step 3 to 5 minutes) which made the sauce topping come out rather crusty and sweet but still was good. Thank you bmcnichol for a new adventure, for the Aussie 12 Days of Christmas Swap.
Served this for super bowl and everyone raved about it. I followed the recipe as it was printed. Reviews said it made delicious sandwiches but I didn't have any left over to test that! Will definitely make this again
I am giving this an average rating. It was a satisfactory tasting meat loaf.