I have been making these meatballs since I was a little girl, I was raised in NYC, I'm Italian, I recently had a fundraiser and I sold over 400 meatballs in one day!!! These are delish, I would love to share it with you.
- Put ground beef in large bowl,
- Add the egg and the bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, oregano, salt/pepper, there is no measuring for that, just sprinkle.
- Mix meat mixture with clean hands.
- Add about 1/4 cup water. The meat mixture will be soft.
- In a large cooking pot, put sauce, start heating up the sauce, have it set on medium.
- Now take about 2 tablespoons of meat and gently roll in ball, gently put each meatball in the sauce, (yes it will be raw) do not fry the meat balls before the sauce).
- Do this until all the meatballs are in the sauce, cook for 1- 3 hours max. The longer the better. Delish!