Recipe by Denise's
I have been making these meatballs since I was a little girl, I was raised in NYC, I'm Italian, I recently had a fundraiser and I sold over 400 meatballs in one day!!! These are delish, I would love to share it with you.
Top Review by holdingmyhorses
Excellent! I used ground turkey (since that was all I had) and a large heel from a loaf of sourdough bread. Oh my goodness.....delicious. And my red meat loving husband grunted and gave it two sauce covered thumbs up.
- 1 lb ground beef (do not exceed over 70 Percent fat)
- 1 egg
- garlic powder
- salt or pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs (my favorite is Progresso)
- 2 lbs pasta sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Put ground beef in large bowl,
- Add the egg and the bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, oregano, salt/pepper, there is no measuring for that, just sprinkle.
- Mix meat mixture with clean hands.
- Add about 1/4 cup water. The meat mixture will be soft.
- In a large cooking pot, put sauce, start heating up the sauce, have it set on medium.
- Now take about 2 tablespoons of meat and gently roll in ball, gently put each meatball in the sauce, (yes it will be raw) do not fry the meat balls before the sauce).
- Do this until all the meatballs are in the sauce, cook for 1- 3 hours max. The longer the better. Delish!