1/5 Photos of Melt in Your Mouth Lemon Snowdrops
These cookies are light, lemony, and just melt in your mouth and you can't eat just one! My sister-in-law found them in the paper and they were wonderful I have to share!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat your oven to 400*.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix the butter/margarine, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and the lemon extract.
- 3Stir in the flour and salt.
- 4If the dough is too soft, refrigerate a few hours until it's firm enough to shape.
- 5Shape dough into 1" balls.
- 6Place about 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 7Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass dipped in granulated sugar.
- 8Bake 8-10 minute or until the edges are light brown.
- 9Immediately remove from the cookie sheet to cool.
- 10Put the cookies together in pairs with the filling and then dust with the powdered sugar.
- 11For the Filling: Mix the sugar and cornstarch in a 1 quart saucepan.
- 12Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 13Cooking over medium heat, keep stirring constantly until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- 14Boil 1 minute, stirring all the while, then cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melt in Your Mouth Lemon Snowdrops
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.4
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 21.6 mg
- Sodium 82.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 1.1 g