Recipe by Slatts
If you like lemon chicken this is heavenly. The recipe comes from Susan Branch's Heart of the Home cookbook. It is simple and has only a few ingredients. The results are soooooooo goooooooooooood and nice enough for a special occasion.
Top Review by mickeydownunder
Higher than 5 stars this is for me! LOVE the simplicity! Very versatile too! Can add spinach, roasted capsicum, capers, TRUE! To enhance presentation, I cut breasts in half horizontally, Then I cut them vertically, Then cut each piece into three! Made cooking the pieces even easier and it worked for me! THANKS!
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry chicken and pound out with a mallet until evenly flat. Coat with flour.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet over meduim high heat.
- Cook chicken breast for approximately 3 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through.
- Remove chicken from skillet and season with salt and pepper. Keep warm in oven while you prepare sauce.
- Add remaining butter to skillet to melt while scrapping up brown bits from the bottom.
- Remove from heat and add parsley and juice from 1/2 a lemon. Cut other 1/2 of the lemon into thin slices to use as a garnish.
- Pour hot sauce over chicken and serve.