Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you like lemon chicken this is heavenly. The recipe comes from Susan Branch's Heart of the Home cookbook. It is simple and has only a few ingredients. The results are soooooooo goooooooooooood and nice enough for a special occasion.
- Dry chicken and pound out with a mallet until evenly flat. Coat with flour.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet over meduim high heat.
- Cook chicken breast for approximately 3 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through.
- Remove chicken from skillet and season with salt and pepper. Keep warm in oven while you prepare sauce.
- Add remaining butter to skillet to melt while scrapping up brown bits from the bottom.
- Remove from heat and add parsley and juice from 1/2 a lemon. Cut other 1/2 of the lemon into thin slices to use as a garnish.
- Pour hot sauce over chicken and serve.
Higher than 5 stars this is for me! LOVE the simplicity! Very versatile too! Can add spinach, roasted capsicum, capers, TRUE! To enhance presentation, I cut breasts in half horizontally, Then I cut them vertically, Then cut each piece into three! Made cooking the pieces even easier and it worked for me! THANKS!
i kind of ended up making up a variation of this. The chicken wasn't cooking evenly, so I cut it up in the pan, added the butter, lemon, white wine and capers and mmm mmm good! Served with roasted veggies. Perfect! Thanks for sharing.
This was the easiest lemon chicken I've ever made and very flavorful. Thumbs up!