Recipe by Suzanne S.
Seriously, the most amazing lemon bars I've ever had. In my life. Source: Ann McCue
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substituting)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice (i use bottled)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix crust ingred. with fork as you would for a pie crust. pat into a 9x13 pan which has been greased and floured. bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- as crust is baking. mix filling. after crust has baked 15 minutes, pour filling over crust and continue baking for 25 minutes. cool bars completely.
- make frosting by beating butter,powdered sugar and milk for 6 to 8 minutes on high speed. then add 2 tblsp. cold water one at a time. beat until smooth. spread over cooled bars.