Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Melt in your mouth roast. Another one of my crock pot recipes.
- 4 -5 lbs deer roast
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 16 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, sliced (green or red)
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Brown roast in large skillet.
- Place in crock pot. Mix all ingredients and pour over the meat. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. I gave his grandma the leftovers and she even loved it - that's a huge compliment knowing how great she can cook!
Good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I used chicken broth instead of white wine as I didn't have any wine. My family enjoyed this. Mine cooked in about seven hours in my crock pot.
We made this with an axis deer roast and it was excellent. It was extremely tender and it was so easy to make. It was not "gamey" at all. Thanks for posting.