Recipe by MatahnasMom
I can't take credit for this recipe. It came from one of my Taste of Home magazine years ago. I can say that it is truly the easiest and best meatloaf EVER! The texture is perfect for sandwiches the next day, and the sauce adds a slight sweetness you don't get from the typical plain ketchup on the top. My picky daughter loves it, which says a LOT She hates finding chunks of onions or peppers in meatloaf and this recipe solves that beautifully. Oh, and it doubles wonderfully if you have a larger crockpot. Use tin foil strips to aid in removal. ENJOY!!
Top Review by Ula Ashore
I didn't think this meatloaf was going to be as good as it turned out. Last night, I just wanted something easy to do with leftover ground beef, and this recipe is certainly easy. The topping is outstanding! I may play around with additions to the meatloaf, but I'll be making this again.
- meatloaf mix
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- topping mix
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well (mixture will be moist.) Shape into a round loaf; place in a 2-3qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon over the meat loaf. Cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.