Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dish uses crumbled blue cheese, which I think makes it elegant enough to serve for a dinner party. But the kicker is that it's easy enough for a weeknight meal too.
- Pre-heat your oven to the lowest setting, mine is 170°F.
- Take a large baggie (I used gallon sized)and put your chicken breast in, and pound your chicken breasts to about 1/4" thick. Pound all four.
- Using a large heavy skillet, melt the butter slowly and then turn up the heat before putting the chicken in .
- Place chicken in the hot pan. Cook on one side for 4 minutes.
- Turn chicken and cook another 4 minutes. (At this point I'd check the chicken, if you didn't pound it as thin it might need another minute or so).
- Turn off the heat under the skillet. Transfer the chicken to a plate and place in the oven to keep warm.
- Turn the heat back on to medium high. Add the wine to the pan and let it bubble until reduced by at least half, scraping up the juices and bits from the pan.
- When reduced, lower the heat to med-low and add the sour cream and blue cheese. Stir constantly until combined. Grind in a good amount of black pepper.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, to heat through and cover with sauce.
- Serve over spaghetti squash! Delish!
Can't believe I've never rated this before. I've made this recipe many times, and it always turns out great. Easy and delicious! The first time, I followed the recipe exactly. It turned out great, but at my husband's request, I began to blacken the chicken whenever I made this. Very yummy! That's the only alteration I make whenever I make it now. I enjoy spaghetti squash, but since my husband would never touch the stuff, we always have this over lightly buttered and seasoned whole wheat pasta or egg noodles.
Easy, easy, easy! But the best part was that Hubby just inhaled this!! He is on Atkin's so I subbed the wine with chicken broth, otherwise didn't change a thing. Lots of thick and creamy sauce, and the chicken was very tender. I will be making this often, DH wouldn't have it any other way!