Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Just what the heading states melt in your mouth, use only butter for this
Top Review by aksingingbreeze
As with all of your recipes, these were excellent! I added a little cinnamon and nutmeg to the batter as well as a splash of almond flavoring. My DH doesn't like coconut and nuts, so I left those out and put in about 3/4 cup of chocolate chips instead. I mixed the cream with a bit of sugar and splash of vanilla and dipped my fingers in that to flatten the cookies. I cooked them for 7 minutes on the bottom rack and 7 and a half to 8 minutes on the top and they were perfect. Light and airy. Fabulous!
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening (Crisco is good)
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 325°F.
- In a medium bowl; sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar.
- In another bowl, cream the butter, shortening, vanilla, and brown sugar; add beaten egg.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the creamed mixture; mix well.
- Add the coconut, nuts and chocolate chips (if using); stir well.
- Drop the cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet; press flat with a fork dipped in cream.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.