Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These cookies really do melt in your mouth, and they're just as good without the pecans if you don't have them to hand.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped nuts (pecans are good)
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add water and vanilla to the mixture.
- Gradually add flour, fold in nuts.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten with fingers.
- Bake at 300 F for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Heeding the reviews about not being a sweet cookie, I took the liberty of drizzling red & green powdered sugar glazes over the cooled cookies. The result was a pretty cookie that was just sweet enough and produced over 6 dozen little melt-in-your-mouth gems! Thanks, Sackville, I'll make these again!!
These definitely do melt in your mouth! I halved the recipe and got 29 cookies. Not too sweet, I thought they were perfect. I used pecans and baked for 20 minutes. Thanks for the recipe!
Fabulous cookies!! Easy to make and they taste great. This is a MUST for lovers of nuts. Will definately be making these again and again. Thanks for a great recipe. :)