Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
These are simply the best chocolate cookies! Very tender and moist. These make excellent mint sandwich cookies. Simple mix one cup of confectioners sugar with 1/2 tsp peppermint extract and enough milk to make it into speadable consistancy.
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350F Cream butter and sugar ina large bowl Blend in vanilla and egg In a cup, mix milk with sour cream until smoooth Sift in dry ingredients a little at a time alternating with the sour cream/milk mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonsful 2 in.
- apart onto a greased baking sheet Bake for 7-9 minutes.
- Remove from cookie cheet and cool on wire racks.
- These cookies will be very soft and will firm up when cooled.
- Be careful not to overcook.
These were tasty! However, I did not get the number of cookies suggested in the recipe. My batch made about 2 1/2 doz.
Ditto on the mini brownies comment. Or like small chocolate cakes. Yummy, but probably good paired with some other flavor - either the mint sandwich suggestion, or a glass of milk, or ice cream. . .thanks for posting!
These taste like yummy miniature brownies. I added 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips to the batter to give it a more chocolate flavor. Cookies are soft & chewy. Thank you!