Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr
This is the most delicious chicken you will ever place in your mouth. Mmmmmmm Good.
Make and share this Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Skewers! recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lemons (juiced & zested)
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves (crushed, Can substitute 2 Tablespoons mined garlic)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (from lemons above)
- 1⁄4 green pepper (minced)
- 1⁄4 red pepper (minced)
- 1⁄4 yellow pepper (minced)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (dried)
- 1⁄3 cup mint leaf (fresh chopped, 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (dried)
- 1⁄3 cup basil (fresh chopped or ground)
- 1 tablespoon honey (clover honey is best)
- 3 lbs chicken breasts (bonless skinless)
- 12 skewers
- cube chicken breast into 1 inch cubes and set aside.
- mix all (except honey & chicken) in large bowl or container.
- add chicken breast to mixture ensuring all pieces are coated in marinade.
- cover and refrigerate over night (12hrs min, better at 24hrs).
- place chicken on skewers.
- now make basting sauce: place 1 cup of marinade and the honey into sauce pan and bring to simmer and remove from heat.
- cook skewers over charcoal grill for 45 to 60 minutes basting with sauce every 15 minutes until they are done and one last time before you remove skewers from grill.
- serve with potato or macaroni salad.
OMG these were amazing! The basting sauce at the end just made the flavor!!!! I served on sweet rolls - Delicious! Will definately make again!