Chef #212718's Note:
This recipe is super easy, but tastes like you spent a lot of time on it. Hubby loves it and anyone who tries it always wants the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Cook veggie mix in microwave.
- 3Put one of the pie crusts in the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish and brush with egg white or milk and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 4Saute veggie mix in butter for 10 minutes.
- 5Add flour to sauteed mixture, stirring well. Cook one minute stirring constantly
- 6Add potatoes.
- 7Combine broth and half-and-half.
- 8Gradually stir into vegetable mixture.
- 9Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- 10Stir in salt and pepper; add chicken and stir well.
- 11Pour into casserole dish and top with other pie shell.
- 12Cut slits to allow steam to escape.
- 13Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly and cooked through.
Browse Our Top Pot Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.4
- Calories from Fat 375
- Total Fat 41.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 76.7 mg
- Sodium 1118.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 29.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: