Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is super easy, but tastes like you spent a lot of time on it. Hubby loves it and anyone who tries it always wants the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook veggie mix in microwave.
- Put one of the pie crusts in the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish and brush with egg white or milk and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Saute veggie mix in butter for 10 minutes.
- Add flour to sauteed mixture, stirring well. Cook one minute stirring constantly
- Add potatoes.
- Combine broth and half-and-half.
- Gradually stir into vegetable mixture.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in salt and pepper; add chicken and stir well.
- Pour into casserole dish and top with other pie shell.
- Cut slits to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly and cooked through.