Recipe by DAR Lady
I adapted this recipe from one someone else posted and it has become my go-to casserole any time unexpected guest arrive and I want a fast meal because I usually have all the ingredients on hand. It's also very popular with my family anytime. The prep time does not include cooking time for the chicken. This recipe is great to use up left over chicken or turkey and I've even used a pre-cooked chicken from the deli.
Top Review by -Tracy-
This is an usual casserole. It is sort of a baked chicken and dumplings but with a big yummy, buttery dumpling. I am not sure what I expected... perhaps that it would be bland or watery, but it was neither of those things. It was delicious and comforting and just the thing for a winter evening. I did make two changes... doubling the topping and using half the amount of salt. The ratio of topping to filling was perfect and it was a hit all around. Thank you for the great recipe!
- 1 -3 lb chicken, cooked and de-boned
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canbutterball chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cube chicken and place in greased 2-3 quart casserole dish.
- Combine the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, and the mixed vegetables and pour over chicken.
- Combine margarine, buttermilk, flour, salt and pepper and pour over above mixture to make crust.
- Bake at 425 for 30 minutes or until biscuit topping is nicely browned.