Recipe by Lady Lisette
This is fast and easy. Don't be afraid to switch out the dark meat chicken for white, use 4 breast halves instead of 8 thighs.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
This was very good. Used chicken breast instead of thighs because that's what I had. My DH suggested that the sauce would be good for stir fry. Think I'll try it sometime. Thanks Lady Lisette for posting this recipe!
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup orange juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup light teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chicken in oil 6 min, turning once.
- Stir together 2 Tbs OJ and cornstarch until smooth; set aside.
- Stir together remaining ingredients and rest of OJ; pour over chicken in pan.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and cover; simmer 35 min, turning chicken after 20 minute
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Serve with hot cooked rice or pasta.