Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is fast and easy. Don't be afraid to switch out the dark meat chicken for white, use 4 breast halves instead of 8 thighs.
- Saute chicken in oil 6 min, turning once.
- Stir together 2 Tbs OJ and cornstarch until smooth; set aside.
- Stir together remaining ingredients and rest of OJ; pour over chicken in pan.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and cover; simmer 35 min, turning chicken after 20 minute
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Serve with hot cooked rice or pasta.
Very good! Only change I made was leaving out the crushed red pepper because I "can't take the heat!!" Will make again everyone loved it.
This was very good. Used chicken breast instead of thighs because that's what I had. My DH suggested that the sauce would be good for stir fry. Think I'll try it sometime. Thanks Lady Lisette for posting this recipe!