Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a wonderful side dish that has graced our table for years.
- 907.18 g carrots, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 3 stalk celery & leaves, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 177.44 ml dry vermouth
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and cook over low heat for about 20 to 25 minutes or just barely tender.
this recipe is wicked good . i did make a coupla changes because of MY diet. no sugar and used 3 tablespoons vermouth and rest chicken stock. try this recipe it is awesome
This is a very easy way to add flavor to your carrots with little work. If the aroma does not capture your senses, the sweet buttery taste of the carrots will! I only used half of the recommended sugar and thought they were fine. I sauteed the celery and onions in the pan with butter before I added the rest of the ingredients. Made for *1 2 3 Hit Wonders Game March 2010*
Personally I found it o'kay but the DH and the DS absolutely loved it so much so that 4 portions were eaten by 3 people though I only at a little over half of my portion and they polished that off as well, thank you CaliforniaJan, made for Everyday A Holiday.