Recipe by Whinyard
These little chocolate, peanut butter candies melt in your mouth. They are so yummy and don't require paraffin wax like so many other buckeye recipes.
Top Review by FLFroggie
I could not get the peanut butter to stay in little ball forms for the life of me. I ended up putting the mix into the freezer for 30 minutes and they started getting soft and gooey again as soon as I dipped them into the chocolate. Maybe it was the brand? I used Reeses creamy peanut butter. 3 stars for taste though. My boyfriend sat there scooping them off the wax paper with a spoon.
- 3 cups creamy peanut butter
- 7 -8 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups margarine, softened
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 (12 ounce) packages chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix peanut butter, sugar, butter and vanilla together in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening over low heat (I use my crockpot). Make peanut butter mixture into 1 inch to 1 1/2 inch balls. Work with a small amount of the peanut butter mixture at a time, keeping the rest refrigerated until ready to form into balls. Using toothpicks or small forks, dip the balls into the chocolate. Set on wax paper and refrigerate.