Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This meat comes out so tender and the basil makes the carrots and potatoes so sweet and delicious. All of the flavors meld together so well and it smells fabulous while cooking. This is an absolute Sunday Dinner family favorite.
Top Review by Leta
Oh Karen! This was sooooo good! I mixed all the seasonings and used it as a rub, and baked the brisket fat side up, which helps keep the meat moist. We had asparagus with hollandaise sauce on the side. Delicious!
- 2 -3 lbs beef brisket (not Corned Beef Brisket)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and black pepper
- vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 -2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 3 -4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt and pepper and coat all sides of beef.
- Heat about 1/4" of oil in dutch oven or large pot and brown all sides of meat.
- Add water, onion and all spices.
- Cover and simmer for 2 hours and then turn over.
- Add carrots and potatoes and simmer an additional 30 to 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.