Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Best bran muffin recipe I've ever tried, very moist. I'm almost positive the secret is the coffee called for in recipe. Also great because not really, really sweet. Warning it makes a very big batch but guaranteed to go fast because they taste SO good.
- 2 cups cold coffee
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups oil
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups raisins
- 4 cups natural bran
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine bran, flour, sugar salt, baking soda and baking powder thoroughly; set aside.
- In another bowl combine the oil, coffee, eggs, milk and vanilla, mix well.
- (Hint: I soak the raisins in very hot water while I'm mixing up ingredients because they become more plump and juicy).
- Add the dry ingredients to the liquid and mix thoroughly.
- Add raisins to mixture and stir together.
- In greased muffin tins put mixture to fill 3/4 full.
- Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- I'm guessing on the amount of servings it makes because when I was given the recipe it wasn't listed.
- Also cooking time will be longer if you use jumbo tins--I listed for the regular size tins.
OMG!!! I can never keep enough of these around, everyone I know loves them!! Thanks for a new family favourite!!
SOOOO good! Moist and light with a crunchy top and great flavor. This would be a good muffin to try on someone who doesn't like bran muffins. I made 1/4 recipe and got 9 muffins full to the top. Also used vanilla roast coffee which was delicious. Thanks, hotmomma Temple, for an awesome muffin!
Delicious and so easy to make!