Recipe by Nova Scotia Cook
This recipe came to me by way of my sister Debbie. A great breakfast muffin that we enjoy with a cup of tea on a late Sunday morning or any time.
Top Review by Becky in Wisconsin
This is a very moist muffin. Everyone who has had one, has loved it. Even my friend who says she hates anything blueberry. Now, that's a compliment. Thank you for this recipe.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 egg yolks (beaten)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 egg whites (beaten stiff)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups floured blueberries
- sugar, for sprinkling on top
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening, sugar and egg yolks.
- Sift flour, baking powder& salt together& add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Fold in egg whites& vanilla.
- Add floured blueberries.
- Line muffin tins with muffin cups.
- Fill 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 20- 25 minutes in 350 degree oven.