1/1 Photo of Melt in Your Mouth Beef Stew
2 hrs 15 mins
This is my own version of beef stew. The secret is to thicken the gravy as soon as you brown the beef. To make life easy, this dish is finished in the oven. You will not believe how tender the meat gets by using this method!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Salt and pepper beef and dredge in flour.
- 2Over high heat, place oil in cast iron Dutch oven.
- 3Add beef and onion and saute until meat is browned.
- 4Add beef broth and water to barely cover the meat and bring back to a boil.
- 5Shake 1 cup of cold water and flour in a jar until well combined and then add slowly to beef mixture.
- 6Cook and stir until thickened.
- 7Cover and place in preheated 325° oven and cook for 1 hour.
- 8Remove from oven and add potatoes and carrots.
- 9Cover and return to oven and bake at the 325° temperature for 1 more hour.
- 10Remove from oven, add peas and stir.
- 11Serve with crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melt in Your Mouth Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (754 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1365.2
- Calories from Fat 672
- Total Fat 74.7 g
- Saturated Fat 25.2 g
- Cholesterol 238.1 mg
- Sodium 1891.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 78.9 g