Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe produces the most wonderful tasting tender brisket with lots of flavor! Prep time is marinating time. Plan ahead, this brisket needs to marinate in the fridge overnight.
- 1 (5 lb) beef brisket
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 cups prepared smokey barbecue sauce (can use more, bottled or homemade)
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 4 -5 large onions, sliced thinly
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans onion soup, undiluted
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large roaster, season brisket with salt and pepper.
- Cover bottom of roasting pan with sliced onions.
- Lay brisket on top of onions in roaster.
- In a bowl, mix the prepared BBQ sauce with minced garlic.
- In the roaster with the onions, pour the BBQ sauce all over brisket, making sure that brisket is coated well on all sides.
- Cover with foil; refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remove from fridge.
- In a bowl, mix together wine, ketchup, brown sugar and soup.
- Pour over brisket; mix slightly to combine with BBQ sauce.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 4-1/2- 5 hours, or until brisket if fork-tender.
- Remove from oven; let stand 20 minutes before slicing.
- Slice thinly against the grain; serve with remaining sauce.