Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This bread is so yummy that it will be gone before you know it.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2-3 medium bananas)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Mix 1 cup flour, sugar, baking power, baking soda, and salt.
- Add mashed bananas, butter, and milk.
- Mix for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and remaining flour, beat till blended.
- Stir in nuts.
- Poor batter into a greased 8x4x2 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 55-60minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
Dragonfly, your banana bread is quite delicious! Very moist, flavorful with just the right amount of sweetness. I prepared as directed, with the only exception being the subsitution of 2 TBS of sour cream for the milk. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us!
This was exactly what I was looking for when I was searching for a banana bread recipe. I used a little bit of cinnamon in with the banana mash, and just assumed that the butter was meant to melted, but it came out wonderful. The outside is slightly crunchy and the inside moist. Yum.
these are great, i baked mine 40min (use 2 7x3 loaf pan). I initially baked them at 375 for 10 minutes (my mistake) and the sides turned a bit too brown. Love the taste. Found out vanilla extract isn't necessary in baking banana bread LOL