Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
delicous cookie to use in a press or with a cookie cutter. taste like the cookies you buy at christmas!
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift flour and sugar into a bowl.
- Mix the egg yolks, butter and extract in separate bowl.
- Slowly add flour and sugar a bit a time, mixing the mixture with your fingertips.
- Fource dough through a press or roll balls and flatten or make snakes (whatever you wish) onto grease trays.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180C/350F) for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Keep in air-tight container.
In reference to the above review, I believe that it would be safe to assume that the oven temp. listed in the recipe is celsius. 180 celsius is quite a common baking temp. for cookies here in Sweden! Hope this helps.
These cookies tasted good but the baking temperature was all wrong. You can not cook any cookies in 180 they will never cook. I did the first batch like the directions and I have to cook them for 45 minutes to get brown. I put it on 375 and they cooked in 10.