This is traditional Egyptian cookies which melt in your mouth as soon as you taste it; some times it even melts in your hands before biting to it! Its extremlly delicious and easy to make and bake. Egyptians are doing these cookies for thousands of years now and still doing it in especial occasions most of all the “Eftar Feast” Tips: *Add 1 egg white if it’s not holding it self * After baking slightly open the oven door (1cm) and leave the cookies in it till its rest/cold
- Beat butter till white.
- Add Sugar and beat for 3 more minutes.
- Add A.P. flour, salt and beat for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with ½ Almond or a pine (as per photo).
- Roll it into small balls and slightly press it down by your thumb (with the almond to stick on it).
- The dough consistency should be like the moist sand but when you squeeze it in your hand-plum it should hold it self.
- leave it to rest in the Fridge for 15min.
- Bake in medium-low pre-heated oven (color should be like ivory) don't let it blush!
It was Yam "O" thanks chef Heshmat I didn't even had to use the egg white, can you please add some more Egyptian recipies!